• 305-358-1500 Miami-Dade
  • 954-406-1833 Broward
  • 561-393-7400 Palm Beach County
  • 888-810-6621 Toll Free
Serving Businesses And Individuals Worldwide

Obtaining permanent residency

There are multiple ways foreign investors can become a permanent resident of the U.S. with a green card if they already hold an E-2 visa. Foreign investors should be mindful that if they are successful at obtaining permanent residence in Florida or any other state in the country, they will be taxed on any income they earn, even if it is not earned in the United States. However, with an effective tax plan, they can avoid encountering any tax complications.

Countries such as Lebanon, Russia, Brazil, Dubai, and China do not have an investment treaty agreement with the United States. Foreign investors who reside in these countries may obtain E2 visas through the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program. However, pursuing permanent residency through the Grenada citizenship scheme can be very costly.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Headquartered in Miami, Since 1976
Email us for a response

Get Started On Your Immigration Solutions

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weiss, Alden & Polo, P.A.
1401 Brickell Avenue
Suite 300
Miami, FL 33131

Toll Free: 888-810-6621
Phone: 954-406-1833
Phone: 305-358-1500
Phone: 561-393-7400
Fax: 305-358-1921
Miami Law Office Map