• 305-358-1500 Miami-Dade
  • 954-406-1833 Broward
  • 561-393-7400 Palm Beach County
  • 888-810-6621 Toll Free
Serving Businesses And Individuals Worldwide


In our last post we wrote about one way someone might be able to get a green card to live in the United States. Obtaining a green card via a family member is not the only way to go about doing this. There are several ways in which someone might immigrate to the U.S. via an employment opportunity.

In some cases individuals might self-petition to secure a green card. Those who are granted a National Interest Waiver could fall into this category, as could “Aliens of Extraordinary Ability.”

Other individuals who are entrepreneurs could possible get one by investing. The investments must be made to businesses that create new jobs. In these instances an E-B5 visa could be sought.

Some immigrants receive job offers that allow them to come to the U.S. In some situations it is possible that they could then become a permanent resident. Generally, both labor certification and an Immigration Petition for Alien Worker must be filed by the employer.

In addition, for those who are qualified for certain specialized jobs it may be able to obtain a green card after filing a Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. Religious workers, broadcasters and Iraqis who assisted the U.S. government are examples of jobs that fall into that category.

In any employment based green card situation there are many matters that need to be addressed both on the part of the employer as well as the worker. To make sure that things work as planned, it is a good idea for all parties to work with an immigration lawyer.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Headquartered in Miami, Since 1976
Email us for a response

Get Started On Your Immigration Solutions

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weiss, Alden & Polo, P.A.
1401 Brickell Avenue
Suite 300
Miami, FL 33131

Toll Free: 888-810-6621
Phone: 954-406-1833
Phone: 305-358-1500
Phone: 561-393-7400
Fax: 305-358-1921
Miami Law Office Map