Immigration Can Involve Humanitarian Needs

Are you seeking political asylum? Are you a refugee from a war-torn country? Do you need a humanitarian visa? Were you born in the United States, but your parents were not naturalized citizens? Maybe you came to the U.S. with your parents as a childhood arrival.

The experienced lawyers at Weiss, Alden & Polo, P.A., assist individuals seeking political asylum and refugees needing humanitarian immigration help. Call our South Florida office for a complimentary initial office consultation at 305-358-1500.

Assistance In Political Asylum Cases

If you fear returning to your home country because you have experienced past persecution or if you have a well-founded fear of future persecution on account of your political opinion, imputed political opinion or membership in a certain political group, social group or based on your race, religion, gender or national origin, please contact us. We can represent you before the Department of Homeland Security should you decide to seek asylum in the U.S. affirmatively or defensively in removal proceedings if you are scheduled for a hearing before the immigration court.

Asylum cases are serious in nature and the individual's life is at risk if they were to return to their home country. At Weiss, Alden & Polo, P.A., we recognize the danger the client can be in if forced to return to their country of origin and we represent these cases vigorously. If we represent you in your asylum claim, we will pay careful attention to your case, the country conditions of where you are from and all details pertaining to your matter. We help people seeking humanitarian protection.

Cuban Adjustment Act

If you are a Cuban national in the U.S. and would like to apply for permanent residence, please contact our law firm.

Childhood Arrivals

Our immigration law firm can assist with your requests for prosecutorial discretion and deferred action. We stay informed of new laws surrounding the needs of "Dreamers."

DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and may apply in your case. Deferred Action For Youth — NEW Filing Procedures Announced August 3, 2012

Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:

  • Be 15 to 30 years old, and have entered before age 16
  • Have been present in the U.S. for five years as of June 15, 2012
  • Have maintained continuous residence
  • Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
  • Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military

Prosecutorial discretion — If you have a special circumstance or strong ties or equities in the U.S. and are currently in removal proceedings, you may qualify for this type of discretionary relief.

How Are Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Benefits Granted?

A country is granted temporary protected status benefits through the U.S. attorney general and covers nationals of countries who are in the U.S. on the date required when the attorney general announces temporary protected status for their respective country. Temporary protected status is reserved for countries that have experienced national disasters such as an earthquake, hurricane, flood, drought and the foreign country is unable to handle the return of its nationals. Temporary protected status is also established to provide a safe haven to nationals of countries where civil war exists.

Currently, some countries on the list are Syria, Haiti, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan, Nepal and Yemen.

Contact Us About Your Needs

Call our Miami-Dade County office to make an appointment for a complimentary consultation at 305-358-1500. You can also email our firm any time of day. We look forward to speaking with you about your immigration needs.

We offer foreign language services in Spanish. We accept all major credit cards.